Sunday, December 14, 2008

the jist

been meaning to blog, i think i have about 4 saved drafts! but i was just lazy.

anyway, just a brief update on the latest haps.

my little chubster just turned 3 months old on monday, same day as eid al-adha. so of course it was more meaningful for us. we made our way to my parents, had brunch which was abso-scrumptious! then we headed to my in-laws. yes, we're fair like that... that's why i have an undying love for my hubby.

tired, but satisfied at the end of the day.

***

the whole week i've been stressing my self out, (my cold sore was starting to act up! thank goodness, i managed to overcome the whole thing) remember the wedding that we got invited to? yeah, leaving the little one at home with the maid is fine, but i still have my doubts and observations on her! so i asked my parents to come over and monitor the both of them.

so, fri eve... as i was getting ready, the little one seemed suspicious... i asked my mom to carry her and she screamed her head off! hahaa... my maid had to calm her down... it didn't really work, i had to carry to pacify her. yeah, imagine this was going to be my second outing away from her for more than an hour! imagine that!

skipping the whole mumbo-jumbo, mom just told us to leave and enjoy our eve at the wedding.

finally arrived at sime darby convention center, being out without the little one feels weird for me. yes, call me crazy or whatever you want la... i just felt odd.

i don't know if its normal or not, but i was pretty excited about dressing up... you see i've been having doubts and all, coz since i've been preggers, you know there is such thing as excess fats being developed, and after birth, its not that easy to lose it all! hahaha.. so yeah, i was dying to find out if i was still able to fit in my corset! it went well though. hooray.

quick note about the bride, a friend that i've known since we were 10! wow, can you imagine that? crazy eh? but she's still the same person i've known all these years :)

"congratulations tunku putri nur asma & asraf!"

you had an extremely elegant reception, we're sorry we couldn't stay til the end... hope we'll see you next sunday!

came home and it was such an overwhelming feeling for me, the 2 hours away from the little one made me teary when i got home, saw her sleeping, thought she was going to continue but somehow she knew i was back and woke up! *the look on her face, how it lit up was just priceless... i was speechless*

such a great feeling being a mommy, you ought to try it sometime, hihi... ;)

listening to: no other love - john legend f. estelle!

No comments: