Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the day she was born

08.09.08
many expected that it'll be sometime this week, but i did not specifically say when... the doctor told us that if by the due date there's no signs of labor, we could choose her birthdate. we spoke about it, and decided it should not go a day longer. so it's 08.09!

woke up early in the morn, feeling excited and nervous, can't blame me now, can you? i knew i was going to induce today, but i didn't know the whole process or mumbo jumbo. we walked into the labor ward, and hubs had to proceed with the paper work, i however, had to make my way to the labor room and change into something that is supposedly comfortable but not to my liking! yeah yeah, at this point i know there's not much options for me.

so first things first, the midwife had the solution poked into my hand to make sure baby is pushed down and make her way to the canal. sounds easy eh?

it's not! the journey for her was pretty long, well as long as 11 hours! teehee.
i managed to brave my contractions from 8 a.m til 2 p.m til it was getting unbearable! i was telling the midwife, but she kept on convincing me, "you're doing fine... your tolerance level for pain is pretty good!" i was like, "yeah? wanna bet?" i wanted to perform the 'stonecold stunner' on her! even if i could bare the pain then, it was just getting worse and worse. so just bring out my best friend mr. epi and get the anesthesiologists’ ass here pronto!

and so they did...

but aside from trying my very best to maintain/control the pain, the anesthesiologist wasn't much of help then... you know how it works with epi, you have to insert the needle in between the backbone! and yes, let me highlight it again! IN BETWEEN! she kept on poking my bone, like 4 times, and apologized. "oh, sorry... we have to do it again, ok?" i said "i didn't have much of a choice now do i?" ahhh... finally, some peace! i managed to sleep for a good hour before i could feel the contractions on the left side of my stomach. yikes. told em to increase the dosage, instead they did something else.

by eve about 5-6 p.m i was already 7-8 cm dilated, and in total pain. so the midwives decided to help me out. hubs was asked to leave the room, i felt sick and sad at the same time. he held my hand, i looked at him and asked for forgiveness, if i had sinned him. he teared and said, please don't say that ok? everything is going to be fine, we're going to have a baby girl. Was in so much pain, but his words made me feel so alive! (wah… dramatic-nye!). i however, wanted to get the pain off my mind, i started making conversations with the midwives in between the contractions. i must admit, i loved every bit of their support! they were really my cheerleaders!

finally, before the prayer time of maghrib, i gave birth to a baby girl, who weights 3.325 kgs, with 50.5 cm for height. my little precious baby grrrl Nadyne Aira, was shown to me for less than 2 seconds til they had to rush her to the nursery to be monitored and put under the incubator.

but alas, alhamdulillah... everything went well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

again babes, congratulations!!! beautiful AND painful story!! i cannot imagine the pain u went thru. is it so so SO much worser than the most excruciating period pain u've ever had?

e.e.s.h.i.e said...

but of course its the most excruciating period pain! like kali 1000! haha... oh well, the pain was worth it. every bit of it.

thanks a whole lot darls! :)