Wednesday, September 26, 2007

cookies, compliment and disappointment!

its has been exactly 14 days since we have fasted! time flies, quickly. next thing you know, it'll be Eid! can't wait. but these coming weeks i'll be rather busy, trying to get my cookies out!

baked the first batch last weekend, managed to bake only 2 types of cookies - cornflakes and chocolate chips. well my intention is to bake for me parents and in-laws. but however i took some home with me. hehe.

as i was baking, mom's friend came over since they were meeting up for dins. so she sat down and looked, a couple of words were uttered, i just kept on baking... then i asked, "aunty sorry for being direct, are you fasting?" she said, "no"... i told her to try the cookies if she wanted, and let me know if it was too sweet or lack of it. she looked at me and raised her voice, wow! i want 200 of your chocolate chip, and 100 of your cornflakes. (i must have done something right!) wee-hee, then she slowed down and asked, are you selling those? i said i can if you want, i'll give it to you at the end of the second week of puasa... which is this weekend *sigh* will be slightly busy but hey it's rezeki, i don't mind receiving some pocket money before Raya.

mom was busy making her legendary "pergedel/mashed potatoes with beef" for her soto soup... i was oh-so-tempted-please-help-me-god! *woosa*woosa* be patient... managed to overcome the temptation, not till she started frying them.
"dang mama, why you have to temp me like that??!" (*ignoring*ignoring the smell)

then the aunty spoke to me again, asking me some questions... she asked about school, life, and everything else, i spoke very little, yes rare but i was just trying to get it over and done with, with baking! i was tired. then, she asked the most sensitive question of all... jeng-jeng-jeng... how old are you??

alamak!! the cookie dough was on my forehead as i smack it lightly!... i smiled, how old do you think i am aunty?

she said, at most you're 16 or 17? i was grinning from ear-to-ear like there was a hanger in my mouth! errr.... yessss... i was, 10 YEARS ago. yarabi. I AM OLD! damn it, any conversation you have, if you have to refer to more than 5 years ago is bad... baddddd i tell ya!

but she made my day though. she really did! whoo-pee-doo-dee!

hmm... now i'm thinking i should give her discounts on the cookies. hahaha... gila tak boleh belarr! just cause of some compliment :D so so *cheap, i can be bought!

_________________________________________________________

anyway, after the baking weekend, mom was rather shattered and devastated with the maid that had been with the family for the last 13 years of our lives left, due to the fact that her sister has been constantly poisoning her mind. what a f***ing beeee-yooootcccch! the sister has only been with us for the last 3 months and she managed to turn the whole scenario into a freak show!

heart goes to you mom, will do my very best to accommodate for anything, at anytime for you guys. love and kisses.

abang! i cleaned your room yesterday, you owe me another watch... hehe... by the way loved loved the birthday prezzie. seriously... thanks again.

2 comments:

darly said...

would love to try your cookies! anyways, you haven't reply my sms last night for the buka puasa? are you in?

can we meet up tomorrow night? (thurs night) i miss you.

ininash said...

HUH!!?? It Was You!! i tot... dad cleaned it! hahahhaha... dont worry. theres more to come... im leaving my room messy this morning too... see... told you, more to come. nyahahahah...