Monday, May 14, 2007

w'end...

friday

had some friends over at my place on friday, cooked dins. well actually everything was unplanned. just wanted to spend some quality time with farah. we haven't done this for quite sometime, yes if i need to elaborate more about my relationship with her, well we've known each other for yonks, since we were 12. can you imagine? we've gone through a lot together! don't you think so babe? we've had our fare share of ups and downs, but that's all a part of friendship, and i have no regrets. i'm just glad we're here now, at this stage of our friendship. its healty, we don't have to see each other everyday nor every weekend, but when we do see each other its as though we did.

early in the morning i had a breakfast date with my mom, i decided to buy breakfast and just hang out with her before i did my grocery shopping. our usual activity is as soon as i get there she prepares some food for her to entertain her friends, and i'll be glad to assist her! this is the best way for me to learn from the best! and i kid you not, she's the best cook ever. we prepared quiche with mushrooms and pepperoni and shepherds pie. yumm... then she said since i helped her cook, we should make extra so i don't have to cook extra for dins. yeah kill two birds with one stone.

right after i was done there, i decided to stop by at tmc for extra ingredients to cook my mushroom soup, salmon pasta and steam veggies. not forgetting, i bought my fishes too! my guppy... i think that's how you spell it, like i mentioned in the earlier blogs, i started on my new project - the garden! yeay i got 6 of them, happily drove home, chucked everything else aside and made my way to the balcony to place the little fishies in their new home, the dark blue pot? bowl? ok i don't really know the right word for it. but hey it works for me.

cooked, chilled, giggled, talked, played board games, well... basically it was a pleasant eve for me, i enjoyed the company. hubs, bro, farah, hadi and jon.

saturday

woke up and started cleaning my kitchen, yes i'm a neat freak especially when it comes to my kitchen, the place where i find my sanity... haha, yes if you know me well enough when i get bored i cook, when i'm stressed out i cook, when i'm happy i cook, you can imagine then... i was pretty sad when i learnt that my microwave brokedown on me! boohoo!! now i have to spend on new microwave and oven. damn it! just what i need... more probs in the kitchen. okay okay i'm not going to dramatize it!?!? but i'm sure you can understand my frustrations.

anyway, we had lunch at the curve it was a pleasant one. mom joined us too. then we walked along the flee market, and i got a surprise call. it was NORA!! she's back, woo hooooooo. that made my day. then we dropped farah off at her office, came home rested and got ready for badminton... then met up with hadi at mohsin for a quick drink and headed back home. the day was kind of hectic for me but we met up with some friends after... it was pretty interesting towards the end of the night we started asking each other really mindless questions, it was fun!

1. if you had a choice of a celebrity to go out with who would it be?
2. if you had a million dollars what will be the first thing you would buy?
3. if you had a million dollars who will be the first person you'd give it to?

so far, that's all i can recall. haha. i know it's pathetic... but the conversations and answers we got were pretty interesting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, my darling. its great being your friend all these years.shereen is a great friend and a person to treasure from head to toe. a lovely girl. caring and a no-nonsese person, you'll always get honest advise from her. beautiful inside out.i loved the dinner u made..and you're new garden is just adorable:) muaks
*mcm testimonial plak..hehe

e.e.s.h.i.e said...

haha, nah no worries luv... thanks for the compliments! hope to see you soon, before i leave... muaks!